Monday, March 27, 2006

 

The Introduction

Day: 1
Mood: Excited, hopeful
Weight: 30 lbs.

Some background:
I am the Queen of the Fad Diets. I started dieting in middle school and didn't stop until my senior year of college. At that time I realized that, not only had I never kept any weight off, but I also had lost all ability to think about food in a healthy way. So I gave up dieting and, in a particularly melodramatic moment, threw my scale out the window of my second story apartment.

After college, I stopped drinking beer all the time and promptly lost twenty pounds. Try as I might, I couldn't lose any more. I took up running. I ran a half marathon. I lost no additional weight. Fad diets started to look mighty tempting again.

I am 23 years old. I'm 5'2", and I wear a size 10-12. My current ideal, if-I-could-see-any-number-pop-up-on-the-scale-it-would-be-this-one weight is thirty pounds less than what I weigh. Since I've taken up running, I figure now is the best time to shoot for this magical number.

Why I chose the Sonoma Diet:
- After the first ten days, this diet encourages wine and allows the occasional chocolate. These are my staples of existence.
- The Sonoma Diet encourages a balanced diet, with all the food groups: a.k.a. thinking healthy about food.
- Simple directions.
- The Sonoma Diet is built around the idea that I will basically eat three meals a day. Which I do. I hate diets that focus on multiple mini-meals.
- Their tagline: "Trimmer waist, better health in just ten days!" <--- Who couldn't get behind that?

Purpose of this blog:
To chronicle my weight loss journey. Does the diet work? Do I love it? Do I hate it? Am I bored? Am I thinking healthier about food? Am I randomly hungry in the middle of the day? Would I kill a co-worker for a bar of chocolate and a bottle of Pinot Noir?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?