Wednesday, March 29, 2006

 

The Third Day

Day: 3
Mood: Except for the fact that I really want to go out and have someone else make me food...Good.
Weight: 26-1/2 lbs.

Ah, 1/2 a pound. That is much better.

So, the diet continues to chug along. Today I plan on adding exercise back into my life. I like to chill on the working out at the beginning of any diet, until my body adjusts and stops being cranky and tired. Today is that day. I am hoping I have enough time for a quick run at the gym after work, before stripper class (don't knock it until you've tried it- best abs work out EVER!).

Last night I tried on my mythical skinny pants, just to see how far I have to go. Most people have a pair of skinny pants that fit them once and may fit them again. Not me. I bought my skinny pants my sophmore year of college, after I had just lost twenty pounds on Weight Watchers. I bought them a Size 7; I was wearing a Size 10 at the time. I had faith that I would fit into them in a couple of months. I forgot about beer. I've never worn them.

My skinny pants are blue camaflouge, almost entirely unlike the ones pictured here. I love blue camaflouge, mostly because it makes me think of this man.

Alright, that was a lot on my skinny pants. The point of bringing them up was this: I have a long way to go.

Alright, now on to today's food...

Breakfast: 1 cup of Kashi GoLean cereal with 1 cup of Skim Milk.

What I've come to think of as 'the usual'. I could have an entirely different breakfast: the book suggests two eggs and whole grain toast as an alternative. But who has time to make that in the morning? Besides, I've grown very fond of my bowl o' Kashi.

Lunch:TBA

I've packed my leftover chicken breast from Monday night with a salad in a dressing I made out of balsamic vinegar, spicy mustard, and a bit of olive oil. However, I'm really hoping I can find someone to take me out to lunch...cuz I'm tired of making my own food! And also: I love going out to eat (though I do realize that taking my diet show on the road will give rise to a whole bunch of problems).

Dinner: Sauteed Steak with steamed veggies and wild rice.

The Book (let's assume that when I speak of a book, it is The Sonoma Diet) has a recipe for marinated flank steak. I don't have flank steak. I don't even know what it is. But I have some sort of steak in my freezer, which I moved to the fridge to defrost before I came into work today. I am going to marinate it before I go to stripper class, then sautee it and have it with the rice and veggies- voila!

Snack: I forgot to bring a snack to work, yet again. I see this being a problem. I should probably just keep a stock of snacks here, as the vending machine is pretty much off limits.

Good Things About Day Three:
- I've lost another half a pound.
- I'm excited to add exercise to the diet.

Bad Things About Day Two:
- No avocado.
- My roommate ordered pizza last night, which I really wanted: both last night and this morning. Will have to look into the Book's recipes for pizza.
- I will probably not find anyone to take me out to lunch.


Quote:
Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
or what's a heaven for?

~ Robert Browning

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?