Friday, March 31, 2006

 

Wave 1, Day 1

Day: 1
Mood: Stressed

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 slice multi-grain toast w/butter, ice coffee w/cream and Splenda
**I forgot to ask the woman who made my breakfast not to butter my bread, but there really wasn't much, and I'll forgoe it in the future.

Lunch: Salad: Romaine lettuce, raw spinach (a Sonoma power food!), red bell peppers, chicken, feta crumbles, olive oil (more power food!) and champagne vinegar; water & unsweetened iced tea.

Dinner: Salad: Romaine lettuce, raw spinach, red bell pepper, chicken, feta crumbles, sun flower seeds, olive oil, vinegar; water & unsweetened iced tea.

Snack(s): 11 almonds, 1 SweetTart**, water
** I didn't really realize I was eating the SweetTart until I swallowed it. I was sitting in our main office and absent mindedly raided the secretary's candy stash out of boredom. I'm not really beating myself up about it, but I'll have to make sure I'm more aware when I'm eating, etc.

Exercise: 1 hour BodyJam class at Golds, more water

As the day finishes, I'm proud of my first day of revamping my nutrition. The salads were super yummy; I figured I should go with what works in the cafeteria until I get sick of it and have to create something else-- I just adjusted the percentages of my plate to the Sonoma guidelines.

This evening I went to the grocery store to buy almonds and whole grain cereal. As I don't really like Kashi (at all--- the box lays proud claim to the "fiber twigs" inside, an ingrediant I can't get behind) I settled on Whole Grain Shredded Wheat. I also stocked up on H20 as I'm not a fan of the local water, and really don't drink much else.

I'm going to bed with a wicked headache, which might be related to a bunch of things including my rather stress-filled day and my body's resistance to the sugar/simple carb detox.

Good Things About Day One:
- Salads (yum!)
- I don't appear to be allergic to almonds

Bad Things About Day One:
- Headache
- The accidental SweetTart
- Stress

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?