Sunday, April 02, 2006

 

Wave 1, Day 3

Day: 3
Mood: Go with the flow

Breakfast: 1 cup Whole Grain Shredded Wheat, 1 cup milk

Lunch: Scrambled eggs; Romaine lettuce, broccoli, cooked spinach, olive oil and champagne vinegar; water & unsweetened iced tea.

Dinner: Salad: raw spinach, red bell pepper, balsamic vinegar and olive oil; whole wheat penne; broiled chicken; water

Snack(s): colby cheese stick**, 5 almonds, ice coffee w/cream and Splenda, red tea
** My local grocery doen't have the Laughing Cow cheese the Sonoma author recommends... but the cheese sticks I bought are organic and low-fat -- seemed like a fair trade.

Exercise: See below.

This past summer I sprained my back. I'm not really certain how I did it, but it was one of the most painful experiences of my life and I'd prefer never to have to experience the pain of a lower back spasm ever again. EVER.

Unfortunately, that is not my lot. Every once in a while, I wake up and everything is out of wack. I can only find comfort in standing extra tall and trying not to move my torso when I walk or lying on my bed. It's rather awkward. Today was one of those days. I'm hoping that tomorrow things will clear up (they generally do). But I didn't make it to the gym, or really much of anywhere else.

The time between meals was a bit easier today. I saved the iced coffee for the afternoon as a
"snack" of sorts and actually prepared my own dinner rather than visiting GLAR (breakfast had proven less than inspirational, and I've bought my own grains to prepare at home and take with me as an addition to my dinners).

Good Things About Day Three:
- resisted multiple candy offers with pinache

Bad Things About Day Three:
- back spasms

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?