Saturday, April 22, 2006

 

Wave 2, Day 13

Both Lovely Dieters have explained that Wave 2 of the Sonoma Diet is more difficult than Wave 1 due mainly to (drum roll please): Freedom. There are more foods to choose from, more tasty meals to try, and plenty more temptations.
However, I've only had one or two "off" days, and the outcomes of each has been interesting.
1) I didn't feel well after eating foods that my body used to crave. Plain ol' white granular sugar and I no longer get along under most circumstances. Simple carbs also make me a bit ill (I had some angel hair pasta with dinner last night, and actually missed the nutty whole wheat penne I've been eating on occasion the past few weeks). While I used to love dessert -- especially cookies! -- I don't miss it, and have been generally unimpressed the few times I've indulged. I'm learning when it's appropriate to try a bite, and when I'm just fine without.
2) Following a day of over-doing it, I have Wave 1 day to get me back on track and that generally makes me, and my stomach, much happier.

Still haven't stepped on a scale, and don't expect I will before my yearly physical. However, I have gone down a skirt size which is exciting/expensive. Also, I'm noticing some more subtle changes in my physique. While I'm not suddenly a size 6, I do notice that things are flattening out; fewer noticable "bumps." Most of my clothing is a little bit loose now (except for the things I accidently shrink in the laundry... they will never fit anyone with a normal body no matter what size as they don't seem to shrink proportionally). I've been weeding out some clothing and deciding what I might want to add for the summer. The only problem with gradual weight-loss is that it makes maintaining a wardrobe rather difficult.

So, that's where I'm at. I'm really quite glad to have been introduced and encouraged to do the Sonoma. I feel healthier, well rested... gorgeous. And really, you can't beat that.

Two indulgences I must share:
1) Sugar-free Chocolate Torte at the Olive Garden. Comes with strawberries and a sugar-free vanilla cream sauce.
2) No Pudge! Fudge Brownies. Fat free, 100 calories, decadent and chewy and made with whole wheat flour.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?