Wednesday, November 07, 2007

 

Update from NH

Hey all (or Courtney, who is most likely this only person reading).
I have long been a skeptic when it comes to "diet plans" and "group meetings." Actually, I more fear "group meetings" than am skeptical about them. Images of women stripping down to shed those extra ounces for the week, having your weight announced to a large number of clucking chickens who celebrate your success while secretly hating you or share in your failure while secretly rejoicing... perhaps I have more issues than I thought!
However, after three weeks and a total weight loss of 9.8 lbs (!!!) I think I have to admit that it works. And that none of those scary things happen at meetings, and that there is probably a better meeting for me somewhere else, but certainly not one this conveniant (my workplace brought Weight Watchers to work so it's a short walk to a conference room every Monday at lunch rather than a drive off campus). As much as I have always loathed people's relationship and reliance on scales to give them self-worth and to perpetuate self-hate - a weekly weigh-in (where I do not have to look at the numbers) keeps me accountable.
Do I imagine I'll plateau at some point? Hell yes.
Is it alot of work? Yes.
Is it worth it? The cashmere sweater I'm planning to buy myself for Christmas says "Yes."
So, there you have it. Almost 10 lbs. I'm revising my goal:
I'd like to weigh less then I did when I went to college by Christmas.
I'd really like to hit my 10% goal by Christmas, but know ing that I've lost the freshman 15 (finally) and a bit is enough for now.

Comments:
Woohoo! Congrats!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?